JUST A GLIMPSE
The Impact Movement at USC is where I met my now husband in 2014. Married since April 2017, I am truly grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to take this journey of faith most closely with my best friend (Antoine Thomas). One day, we hope to have children who we pray will grow to trust God for themselves through the knowledge of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit! We call Lynchburg, Virginia our home away from home (both born and raised in South Carolina). We’re just making every effort to intentionally enjoy this season of our lives, and are praying we’ll remain intentional in being good stewards of what God has given us. We worship locally at Family Life Church and are both full-time in our respective fields in which we also majored in at USC.
THE BASIS OF WHAT I BELIEVE
- I believe all of the Bible is the Word of God, written by divine inspiration, inerrant and infallible. It is profitable for doctrine, reproof correction and instruction in righteous (2 Timothy 3:16-17), preserved for past generations, generations now, and generations to come. (Genesis 12)
- I believe in one God who exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, Jesus Christ Who is the Word manifested, and God the Holy Spirit (1 John 5:7). I believe the Godhead (three in one) worked together from the beginning of time as one in the Creation (Genesis 1:26; John 1:3). I believe God created the world in six evening and morning days (Genesis 1).
- I believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, the Creator (Colossians 1:15-20). He was physically born of a virgin according to ancient prophecy (Matthew 1:18-25). He became flesh to reveal God to humanity (John 1:1-2), died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, and that he rose again on the third day. He is the Messiah, foretold by prophecy, presented as King of the Jews but rejected, that he is equal with God yet humbled Himself to the point of death and that every knee will one day bow to him and declare Him Lord. (Philippians 2:6-11)
- I believe Jesus, through His replacement and substitutionary atoning death and bodily resurrection (John 5:28-29), has provided the incredible undeserving meritorious justification on our behalf, which is grace, that we receive by faith alone (1 Pet 1:18-19).
- I believe the risen Christ and His ascension, has sent His Holy Spirit to dwell in the hearts of all believers, affecting our regeneration and operating in our sanctification and personal gifting (1 Cor 12-14). The Holy Spirit has been given, empowering us for service and bearing witness to the kingdom of God (Acts 2:38). The Holy Spirit has been given to us to form a corporate community of believers. I believe that Christ has established a visible church, which is called to live a life of Holiness by the power of the Holy Spirit under the regulation and authority of Holy Scripture, exercising discipleship, discipline, administering the sacraments and proclaiming the Gospel of Christ.